Monday, March 23, 2015

Puchika! 6 Meses!.... The Burning of the Tie!

Hola a cada uno de ustedes!

I cannot believe that I have already completed 1/4 of my mission and that I only have 18 months more to go! The past 6 months have gone by so fast and I can't imagine how fast the next 18 will go! For my 6 month mark I got the opportunity to burn one of my ties (at my 1 year mark I get to burn a shirt)! I chose the tie that I liked the least and one I wanted to get rid of. Haha! It was pretty fun... note to self... Ties burn fast.

This week we had a multi-zone conference here in Coatepeque with the president of the mission. We were in it for like 6-7 hours but it was a really powerful and spiritual experience! We talked a lot about faith, chastity, obedience, and repentance. FE ES PODER! It was really awesome and I felt so motivated to go out and to baptize the whole world! I love conferences like that because I always get a spiritual charge and get so motivated afterward!

We had a baptism this week of a girl named Perla, she is 22 years old and was way excited for her baptism. My companion got the opportunity to baptize her and this girl had a lot of support from the members as there was about 20 members who showed up to support her. She has a lot of support from her boyfriend as well as he is a returned missionary from California and he actually speaks pretty good English too so that’s a plus, haha. I am pretty sure that they are going to get married anyways!

We have been really working hard to get investigators to come to church with us and we had about 6 committed, but that morning we went by them all to take them to church and only 1 was actually at the house or said yes. The others were out selling and not at the house, the 92 year old said that things came up so he couldn't. The one who came to church was Cony. She is the 19 year old who has a lot of questions and is really positive and I have a good feeling that we are going to baptize her, just have to stay patient. There was a family that we found as well who we have visited a few times. There are like 9 of them but during the lessons we are finding out who really  has the desire to listen and is interested. Out of the 9, there are 2 who really pay attention and are committing to keep the commitments we give them. They are named Dulce and Jesus. I have a good feeling that if they come to church the next Sunday and if they pray about the things that we are teaching that they will be baptized in the future. They are awesome and I have a lot of faith in them. 

This part of the year we are having a lot of mangos and they are so good! There is a ton down here and I am always buying them sliced up in bags to get them easier to eat. The rainy season is coming slowly as it is getting more templado and drizzles here and there but the real rain starts to come in April. I am looking for a change from all the heat that we have been getting and I like the rain so we will see how that goes.

This week I have really taken notice how important it is for people to pray in order to receive answers to their prayers because if they don't then they will never be able to feel that the things that we are teaching them is the truth. But I don't get why but it is really hard for people to pray and to remember to ask Heavenly Father with a specific question. We emphasize it every time with each person but it is really hard for them. I think it is because Satan knows that if they pray and do it with a real intent then they will feel in their hearts that these things are true. That is why he works so hard on them to have them not pray. One of our investigators has prayed almost every time about the things that we have taught but is still waiting for an answer to her prayers. We told her that she needs to be patient and be persistent with it as well because if she does not then she will never get a response. Another important piece to praying is also listening as well because when we are praying it is a conversation with Heavenly Father. We can't just ask and ask and ask but we also need to listen. Another thing with a lot of people down here is that whenever we make second visits with people they never remember and they are either super busy or just not at the house. We have been trying to find ways to help people remember but right now we have not had any luck with it.

Something that I have taken more seriously is my scripture study in the mornings when we have time. I have planned to reread The Book of Mormon and this time I am keeping a journal and writing down what I feel, what I have learned, and about the history in the book that I am reading. From this I have really noticed a difference in my study. I feel the Spirit more and when I take it more serious like that, I am understanding what I am reading in Spanish really well and that I am understanding and remembering the histories and teachings that I read. Also I have gained a greater love for the scriptures as well and how important it is to have the Book of Mormon in our lives. I don't know how other people can't accept the Book of Mormon. There are actually 2 reasons why: 1) People have not read it in the first place. or 2) People have read it but don't understand it. And those 2 things are actually from the Book of Mormon about why people don't believe that it is the Word of God.

Each day I gain a greater love for the scriptures and for being here in my mission. It is the best decision that I have made in my life. I know that I am here for a purpose and that if I do my part then I am fulfilling my purpose as a missionary. I know that this is the true church with all of my heart because it is the same church that Christ established when he was on the earth. I have found out for myself and I will never deny it.

I am so stoked for General Conference again to hear the words of the prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and from the apostles as well. It will really be a great time to hear the words of our Heavenly Father and what He wants from us. Also we need to prepare for it and always listen to the council of the prophet. THIS IS THE TRUE CHURCH.

Love,
Elder Kahl

PS: For those of you who don’t know what General Conference is, here is an explanation:  General Conference is twice a year where we listen to inspiring messages from Church Leaders (our prophet, apostles and other church leaders).  The meetings are broadcast from Salt Lake City and can be watched in person, on television, on the internet or through satellite in a local church building.  If you are interested in watching it, go to www.lds.org to find out more information about it.


Mango Season! We ate a lot of mangos at a member’s house this week!







We had a baptism this week! We baptized a girl named Perla!


I was also with Elder Choc and we took a picture outside of a church that is the companionship church!


6 month mark!  Time to burn a tie!










My burnt tie!

A puppy that was chained up outside of one of our investigators house.

Elder Quib and I emailing on P-day!

1 comment:

  1. Vengo a rogarles a ustedes con lágrimas de sangre por recomendarme a ir al templo de la iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Días porque soy la encarnacion divina de Jesucristo por la red social de YOUTUBE denominada FIN DEL MUNDO Y EL REGRESO DE CRISTO JESUS. Fuí miembro de la iglesia hasta el año 2,013 con mi bendicion patriarcal pero actualmente un apóstata de la iglesia me excomulgó por chismes callejeros donde ahora soy el profeta Elías de la iglesia. Me bauticé el 13 de Junio de 1,999 en barrio Amatitlán distrito Palín donde ahora soy patético miembro reingresado de nunca haber participado en el templo cuando era miembro real por motivo de que me suspendieron a mis derechos como miembro por mi masoquismo voyeurista con los prostíbulos por el cual sufrí muchas calumnias actualmente. Parece que mi sacerdocio de Melquisedec es inverosímil como profeta Elías porque nunca participo en el templo para realizar bautismos vicarios y tambien sellamientos matrimoniales que solicité al templo de Salt Lake city con una hermana de Guayaquil suramérica para las hermanas Cardús y para las hermanas Vargas de Salt Lake city. Soy un eunuco espiritualmente en la iglesia porque perdí a mi sacerdocio de Melquisedec auténtico con una magnificacion de mi sacerdocio obsoleto en el templo.

    Atentamente:
    Jorge Vinicio Santos Gonzalez,
    Documento de identificacion personal:
    1999-01058-0101 Guatemala,
    Cédula de Vecindad:
    ORDEN: A-1, REGISTRO: 825,466,
    Ciudadano de Guatemala de la América Central.

    ReplyDelete