Monday, September 29, 2014

Things here in the MTC are still going good. - Week 2

Hola! 

Things here in the MTC are still going good. I can't believe that I have already been here for 2 weeks now! It’s gone by really fast, the days seem like weeks but the weeks are starting to feel like days though. Tomorrow we say goodbye to a great group of missionaries who leave the MTC to go out into the mission field. I wish it was me but I still have 4 more weeks left in this place. It’s pretty fun here though, my district and I know how to have a good time which is definitely helping with the days.

So yesterday we had a devotional (or meeting) about health and how to stay healthy and safe when we leave the MTC. It felt like they were saying alright here is about 50 different ways to die and your mission is to not die in the 2 years you are here. Seriously! I don't think I have ever been more scared than to go out into the mission field with everything she was saying.  Wanna fly me back home? I've had enough of the mission and don't want to die... Haha just kidding! I know if I stay obedient and listen to my mission president then I will be fine. I'll just almost die and have a cool story to tell afterward! Sounds good to you Mom?

The ''investigator'' we were teaching is done taking lessons because we have a new ''investigator'' that we teach, which is my other teacher posing as a non-member. Preparing for these lessons has made me realize that no matter what lesson you plan, it usually does not go according to plan because there is always something that our teacher throws at us that catches us off guard which makes us need to focus on their need and not a specific lesson we had planned. But whatever, that’s how life works.

So, tomorrow we get to go to Wendy’s! Ya! I don't think I have ever been so excited for Wendy’s before! But after that we get to go the market in the heart of Guatemala City then we get to take a tour of the city. We won't have body guards with us this time but the market is just a huge place where they have pretty much everything beyond belief! Everyone is super excited for it because it will be the first time going outside the gates of the MTC other than going to the temple. The tour is going to be sweet as well. Every two weeks we have a couple who come to the MTC who bring a whole bunch of stuff for missionaries to buy from them. So far I have bought a couple of wallets, a sweet Guatemalan bag, and fingernail clippers. I specially ordered scripture cases from them as well, made of leather with two pictures of my choice on the front and back, my name and my mission on them as well. They will be awesome!

So as a District Leader I pretty much have to make sure everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing. I have a couple meetings a week with the MTC president and the branch presidency here along with the other District Leaders as well. It's pretty nice because everyone asks me for their opinions on everything, if I can help them, and anything else and it makes me feel important which is always good.

The other Elders in our room are leaving tomorrow because their time here is up but they are all really awesome and will miss them. The Latinos especially! Elder Nochez and Elder Palacios are two of the funniest guys ever and they always brighten up my day!  The food here varies every day, we have a lot of beans, tortillas, guacamole (yes, I like guacamole now) and some meat that half the time looks like an animal I have never seen before, but the food is still pretty good.

Yesterday we had a devotional by Jeffery R. Holland and it was the funniest, yet most powerful talks I have ever heard. We have a member of the Quorum of the Twelve speak to the missionaries in the MTC every Sunday, so getting those are really amazing. We also watched The Joseph Smith movie and that is one of the best movies I have ever seen. If no one has seen it, Watch It! It will change you, I promise!

Other than that, not much else has been going on here. Just class after class after class. Oh and to answer your question mom, both my teachers are native Guatemalans who speak really good English. My teacher in the afternoon, Hermano Romero, is my favorite. He speaks good English but there are a lot of times when he doesn't know some words or how to say things so we get to help him out that way. My companion and I are still getting along really well and I am looking forward to the next group of missionaries to come in on Wednesday.

That is pretty hilarious that Tanner and Taylor got called as Nursery workers! That made me laugh pretty hard! Good luck Tanner! Tell Connor to tell me more next time other than how he is wearing some of my shirts! Haha! Are you still doing good mom and dad? Oh ya Kadie came home this past week from her mission in Slovenia!!! That’s exciting! I am sad I missed her just by a week but I would rather be here (no offense Kadie!). What language does she speak again? I always forget what it is! If there is anything else specific you want me to include in my next letter just let me know! I love you all and miss you all! Colorado is beautiful but Guatemala is DANG beautiful! Haha. Stay sweet mi familia y mi amigos!

                                                 Love, Elder Kahl

No comments:

Post a Comment